Thursday, May 21, 2009

Change

Fueled by my confidence in wooing Lu, I decided to change up another unnecessary routine. I decided to walk home by going on Bentley, turning left on Chester, and back to Jupiter Apartments on Polaski. As rain began to drizzle on my hopeless attempt at a hairstyle, I took cover under Madame Maureen's Palm. I had never been in the place before, never had a desire to, but whenever I passed by it she was always in there, seemingly longing for something that could never be given to her. At least not any time soon. Something was different this time. She was nowhere to be found.

At that point I had a gut feeling that this town would not be the same, or at least as I perceived it. I wasn't sure in what capacity change would come in or how dominant the change would be. But I was ready for it. I think I've been ready for longer than I've been aware of. I heard an ambulance screaming into town, and I swiftly pushed out the door to greet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment