Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lunch, and Dessert?

After a few months of deliberation, I have decided to take it to the next step with Lu. This bold move is tremendously out of character for me, but after my last relationship I was ready to have some control. It was Tuesday, which meant I only had 5 days to intricately design the "move" I would make on Lu. One idea I had was to make Lu not only lunch on Sunday, but a dessert as well. Then he will immediately interpret my affectionate feelings, and I will let him do the rest of the work. Since most of my brilliant ideas came in the form of food, I decided to go to the food market to spark some more creative genius.

I walked outside onto Polaski only to find out the whole road had been closed off due to work on a manhole. That was just silly. I had to walk onto Rouse and through the area behind the church to compensate. Once I got to the food market, I couldn't help but take on my relentless food critic character. It really does bring out the worst in me. Apples, $1 a pound-way too expensive for the condition those "things" were in. Carrots, 25 cents per pound-they appeared to be okay, but for that unreasonably cheap price they had to have been green on the inside. After I had picked up a few things and was about ready to leave, a large dog jumped on me, aiming for the pork I assume. A middle-aged woman who appeared to be the owner, visually embarassed, yelled,

"JoJo, get over here RIGHT NOW!"

Then, turning to me,

"Ma'am, I am so sorry. It is not like him at all to act this way."

Funny, turns out both me and the dog were trying something out of character today. If I didn't feel sorry for her, I would have just walked away to let her know exactly how I felt about that. Who brings a dog to a food market, anyway? Instead, I politely and very much in my public character said,

"Do not worry. We all have our off days."

I started walking back to Jupiter apartments, the long way, glad this what-should-have-been-a-pleasant-trip-to-the-market-turned-massive-ordeal was almost over. Then, from out of nowhere, some loon runs up behind me, grabs my food, and continues running. What was wrong (relatively speaking) with this town today? Was this all a sign that I should wait a few more months until I "make my move" on Lu?

No comments:

Post a Comment