Sunday, April 19, 2009

Misua

Dear Su,

I just wanted to let you know that Lin finally lost the battle to leukemia. I'm not trying to give you any satisfaction by finally writing back after your persistent letters. I just wanted to allow you a glimpse of the life you abandoned. I hope your life with Ronald is worth all the trouble you caused over here.

Shan

I folded the letter back up and placed it back into the envelope. I looked outside my window, partly cloudy, to see what the "Ronald" my brother spoke of was doing. As usual, he was sitting in his sewer, scheming what was probably his next plan to "screw over" (I learned that term at the market. It had a nice ring to it.) somebody's life. I pity whoever that somebody may be. No, my "life with Ronald" was not worth all the trouble I apparently caused in my hometown. He tried to kill me. My lack of experience in the love department sure impaired my judgment on that one. Needless to say, things didn't work out. I would go back to my family, but I don't think I would receive a warm welcome. I did leave them for a psychotic man who currently resides in a sewer.

I walked back to the kitchen to taste the misua. Needs more salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment